users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] jdbc-connection-pool parameters

From: thufir <hawat.thufir_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 23:27:01 -0700

I've tried installing glassfish a few different ways, but can't seem to
duplicate the setup or configuration so that I'm presented with:

asadmin>
asadmin>
asadmin> get domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.allow-non-component-callers=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.associate-with-thread=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.connection-creation-retry-attempts=0
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.connection-creation-retry-interval-in-seconds=10
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.connection-leak-reclaim=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.connection-leak-timeout-in-seconds=0
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.connection-validation-method=table
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.datasource-classname=com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.deployment-order=100
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.fail-all-connections=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.idle-timeout-in-seconds=300
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.is-connection-validation-required=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.is-isolation-level-guaranteed=true
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.lazy-connection-association=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.lazy-connection-enlistment=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.match-connections=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.max-connection-usage-count=0
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.max-pool-size=32
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.max-wait-time-in-millis=60000
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.name=legacy_on_glassfish
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.non-transactional-connections=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.object-type=user
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.ping=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.pool-resize-quantity=2
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.pooling=true
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.res-type=javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.statement-cache-size=0
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.statement-cache-type=
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.statement-leak-reclaim=false
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.statement-leak-timeout-in-seconds=0
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.statement-timeout-in-seconds=-1
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.steady-pool-size=8
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.validate-atmost-once-period-in-seconds=0
domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.legacy_on_glassfish.wrap-jdbc-objects=true
Command get executed successfully.
asadmin>

as default parameters when creating a jdbc-connection. All of those
parameters, with the possible exception of one or two, I think user or
password, were created and populated by Glassfish automagically.

However, when I installed (the same version number, 4.1) onto a
different box, Glassfish only has about four or five fields. Why?

I've tried both the Glassfish bundled with Netbeans, and the Glassfish
.zip file for install. Presumably, on the first computer, I did
"something" to trigger extra, or more full, parameters.

The above output is from the desktop computer, but I also wanted to
install Glassfish on a laptop; on the laptop, no matter what options I
choose, it seems not to have the same functionality.

Both computers run Ubuntu 14.04, for what it's worth.

thanks,

Thufir