users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: Configuring EJBs within a WAR

From: Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:15:18 +0300

  For the record.
  After successive failures to perform any configuration of @Stateless
beans I resorted to the following solution.
  Declare a @Singleton bean that contains the configuration information.
  Declare a @WebListener implementing ServletContextListener that
looks up configuration information from the Servlet Context and sets
the contents of the @Singleton at initialisation. This approach allows
for command-line tool configuration, and allows for multiple instances
of the same application to have different configuration sets.
  Definitely NOT elegant, but *works*, and that trumps everything else.

  Using JNDI to configure entities works, but I found no way to set up
two instances of the same application with different settings. This is
a no-go.
  Using set-web-env-entry seems to work for web components only, it
seems these are not injected into @Stateless.