users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Glassfish 3 sessions not reclaimed

From: Ben Erridge <bene_at_cyberoblivion.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 08:37:22 -0400

We are seeing a problem in our production environment with sessions not
being reclaimed after the expiration. We are running Glassfish 3.1.2.2 with
Jdk 1.7u51 on x86_64 servers.

I have looked at a heap dump and I see that most of the leaked sessions
have a lastAccessedTime equal to creationTime. There are sessions that
have lastAccessedTime over 2 weeks ago(last server restart) and the
sessionTimeout is set to 90.

Is anyone aware of anything that could cause this behaviour?

Also I should mention we are running httpd with mod_jk from end.

--
Benjamin Erridge