users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote EJB lookup behind a firewall hangs

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:18:22 -0600 (CST)

OK, I installed WireShark on both machines and now have more of an idea of
what is going on. The web server's external IP address is 10.33.123.22 It's
internal IP address is 10.33.124.22 The client machine is running on the
internal network on 10.44.666.1. The client connects to Glassfish via the
internal address. The JNDI lookup works, and server replies to the client,
but it sends back the external IP address, rather than the internal one. As a
result, the client ignores the response and continues to wait for a response
containing the internal IP address. So what I want to know is, how can I make
Glassfish respond with the correct IP address?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'riksweeney']