users@glassfish.java.net

Running certificate enabled and non certificate enabled applications using the same listener

From: PerlOnMac <perlonmac_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:22:08 +0100

Hi list.

Currently I'm running into problems configuring my glassfish v4 server /
applications the right way to realize the following scenario:

I have a couple of web services / web applications running under the
same domain. All are SSL secured, so I'm using the default
http-listener-2. Now I want to enable client certificate authentication
for one of the services (in particular a SOAP web service).

If I turn on client certificate authentication for the listener, all
apps require client certs regardless my settings in the web.xml
configurations. Turning off client certificate authentication and only
setting <auth-method> in web.xml to CLIENT-CERT doesn't also work.

Can anyone point me into the right way?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias