users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 4, password alias issue

From: Mephysto <mephystoonhell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:12:54 +0200

Hello to everyone,
recently I migrate from Glassfish 3.1 to Glassfish 4, but I have an issue
with password alias in a jdbc Connection Pool configuration. I defined pool
in an application scope and I create password alias as I did in glassfish 3.

In password attribute of pool I set ${ALIAS=my_pwd_alias} as I did in
glassfish 3.

When I try to ping JDBC connection pool, I receive an authentication error,
so I tried to set clear password (the same encrypted in password alias) in
pool and in this manner ping work done.

I deduce that password alias is not resolved in connection pool, defined in
application scope.

Obviously, in glassfish 3 this configuration did work correctly.

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

I would to use encrypted password in configurations.

Thanks in advance.

Bye.

Mephysto