users@glassfish.java.net

Strange injection exception

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:10:46 -0700

We're noticing a strange injection exception and I was wondering if someone
else on the list had seen this before.

The log snippet:

Caused by: com.sun.enterprise.container.common.spi.util.InjectionException:
Exception attempting to inject Local ejb-ref name=ejb/UserInfoManager,Local
3.x interface =com.jenzabar.ngp.batch.job.api.JobScheduler resolved to
intra-app EJB JobSchedulerBean in module
ngp-batch-job-ejb-1.018-SNAPSHOT.jar,ejb-link=ngp-batch-job-ejb-1.018-SNAPSHOT.jar#JobSchedulerBean,lookup=,mappedName=,jndi-name=,refType=Session
into class com.jenzabar.ngp.session.jaxrs.UserInfoResource: Can not set
com.jenzabar.ngp.session.api.UserInfoManager field
com.jenzabar.ngp.session.jaxrs.UserInfoResource.userManager to $Proxy179

A couple of things here:

1. The field that is trying to be set looks like this:

@EJB(name = "ejb/UserInfoManager")
private UserInfoManager userManager;

2. JobSchedulerBean is in no way shape or form type-assignable to
UserInfoManager. Why is it showing up in this message?

3. There are no deployment descriptors in play here.

Am I misreading this log message?

Best,
Laird

--