users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCACHE (JSR 107) support in Glassfish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 14:30:39 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply, it's exactly what I was looking for! I will
absolutely give Coherence a go, it sounds exactly what we're looking for. We
use Infinispan currently (though not via the JCache API), but I am working on
a project to "vendor-neutralise" our approach to various things, such as
distributed caching, the goal being the avoidance of long-term tie-in. It's
all very well saying you are vendor-neutral, but I find that this is
invariably not the case until you actually support more than one vendor! As
such, I will most likely be be changing our Infinispan usage to correspond to
the JSR (for use in JBOSS) and implementing a Coherence version (for use in
Glassfish). Thanks again, Andrew Scully.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'Andrew_Scully']