users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Do I need to reinstall glassfish to use a newer java version?

From: Wilkins, Brian <bwilkins_at_harris.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:11:21 +0000

I am not using a cluster either, just standalone. I have a custom script which does the installation on my nodes. While I do typically install from the glassfish-4.0-unix.sh script with an answer file on a clean install, this is all that is in my .bashrc (and this all that is upgraded on a JDK upgrade):

export PATH=/opt/jdk1.7.0_25/bin:$PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.7.0_25
export GLASSFISH_HOME=/opt/glassfish4

and asenv.conf:

AS_IMQ_LIB="../../mq/lib"
AS_IMQ_BIN="../../mq/bin"
AS_CONFIG="../config"
AS_INSTALL=".."
AS_DEF_DOMAINS_PATH="../domains"
AS_DEF_NODES_PATH="../nodes"
AS_DERBY_INSTALL="../../javadb"
AS_JAVA=/opt/jdk1.7.0_25

/opt/glassfish4/glassfish/config/asenv.conf

Brian Wilkins
Software Engineer
Check out the new SW Reuse site: site/swreuse<http://site/swreuse>