users@glassfish.java.net

Re: TransactionRolledbackLocalException using JPA And ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:48:10 -0500 (CDT)

My only guess is that transaction was marked for rollback but never completed
(somehow) when the thread was returned to the pool. The EJB container doesn't
know if it's the 1st call on the thread or a subsequent call that has been
dispatched to the container. So it reacts to the situation on hand - a
transaction marked for rollback on the thread of execution. After that all
CMT EJB calls on that thread would fail for the same reason :(. A similar
problem was reported for the EJB timers, though they use a different thread
pool (that's why I'm guessing your scenario). You can try to enable
'ejb-container' and 'jta' logging to FINE level and see if you can determine
the exact scenario that causes the problem. If you do, it would be extremely
helpful (none of our tests fails in that way). thanks, -marina

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mvatkina']