users@glassfish.java.net

About EJB lite and Portable JNDI Name

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:06:17 +0900

Hi Team,

I have a question about "EJB lite and Portable JNDI Name".

After I deployed firstcup-war.war[1] into GlassFish 4, while I used the
following command to try to find Portable JNDI Name for the ejb from
firstcup-war, result is as following:

>asadmin list-jndi-entries

ejb: com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.TransientContext
jdbc: com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.TransientContext
java:global: com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.TransientContext
com.sun.enterprise.container.common.spi.util.InjectionManager:
com.sun.enterprise.container.common.impl.util.InjectionManagerImpl
concurrent: com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.TransientContext
UserTransaction:
com.sun.enterprise.transaction.startup.TransactionLifecycleService$2
jms: com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.TransientContext
Command list-jndi-entries executed successfully.

I can not find any Portable JNDI Name for the ejb. Notice that the ejb
is packaged into firstcup-war in ejb lite way.

So, whether once using EJB lite, Portable JNDI Name for the ejb will be
not created?

[1]: https://java.net/projects/firstcup

Thanks
Tang