users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re: EJB call takes 5-10 seconds on GlassFish 3, ~1 sec on ..

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 03:23:21 -0500 (CDT)

i'm not sure whether my test case is simiar with yours. when I debug it: for
a remote lookup like: ctx.lookup("java:global/app1/module1/ejbname").
actually there are two lookup invocation: one for
ctx.lookup("java:global/app1/module1/ejbname", it will return a Reference .
then on client it will lookup the content of the reference:
ctx.lookup("java:global/app1/module1/ejbname_...Internal_RemoteBusinessHome".
after second lookup return, there will be EJB intialization work like
lookupRemote30BusinessObject() which involve some client side class
generation and loading. so the total time of lookup a remote EJB is a bit
long. it seems in current design of EJB container, it is very expensive to
lookup a remote EJB.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'guojun.shan']