users@glassfish.java.net

Programmatic login without password

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 12:51:06 +0200

Hi there,
can you tell me what are the options if I want to do a programmatic
login without a password?
In my application, users are stored in LDAP with passwords. But they
can also choose to sign-in through OpenID - in that case we do import
them into our LDAP without passwords.

I was thinking I can check the user myself and then I would like to
"tell" the application server that the user is OK (or not).

I have found a post on this mailing group with similar question, the
answer was to write custom realm. The hint was to re-use as much as
possible from existing code.

I have found sources of LDAPRealm - it is not extendible, all the
crucial parts are private. Also, the AppservRealm which seems to be a
base class is such a huge amount of code...

The questions are:
1) What is the simplest way to do programmatic login without a password?

2) Is there any chance to make it application-server independent, I
mean to use only Java/JavaEE API, not Glassfish API?

Thanks,
Witold Szczerba