users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Writing a JMS client for a Message Queue Broker Cluster ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 05:25:05 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks David for the follow-up. The suggested workaround seems to work in the
GUI, but the physical queue is not created. Instead the following exception
appears in the domain log.
[#|2013-06-20T10:21:23.680+0000|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.resource.resourceadapter.com.sun.enterprise.resource.deployer|_ThreadID=466;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|RAR8029:
Resource [ jms/nq ] of type [ aor ] is not enabled|#] If the target is
"gfcluster" (the cluster, and nothing else), the exception appears in the
domain log, but nothing in the instance logs. If the target is "server" (and
nothing else), the exception appears in both instance logs, but not in the
domain log (strange enough). For the records: Clicking on "JMS Physical
Destinations" for the /cluster/ produces this exception in the domain log:
[#|2013-06-20T10:06:40.556+0000|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.2|org.glassfish.admingui|_ThreadID=418;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|RestResponse.getResponse()
gives FAILURE. endpoint =
'https://localhost:4848/management/domain/clusters/cluster/gfcluster/list-jmsdest';
attrs = '{}'|#] I did many steps that brought me to the current state and I
have not documented them, except what you find in this thread. Essentially I
replaced the "localhost" node in the cluster created through Jelastic's
"high-availability" option with a clone of that node where I replaced
"localhost" with the local IP address. Then things went really wild
(inconsistent lock states of my queues) and I was about to delete the entire
setup when I found out that these exceptions went away if I removed all
physical queues (and undeployed the applications referring to them).
Unfortunately I cannot invest more time of our project into this problem at
the moment. Let me know if you want me to file a JIRA defect with the
information documented here. But Jelastic has taken this up as a bug and I
assume they will follow up on it, probably with Oracle support channels.
Fortunately we do not depend on the cluster for the coming months. So the
problem is not that urgent for us.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kappert']