users@glassfish.java.net

Question about suspended transactions

From: Noah White <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:20:18 -0400

If an EJB method with a TX attribute of REQUIRES_NEW is invoked and it in turn invokes an EJB method with a TX attribute of NOT_SUPPORTED the container is supposed to suspend the association of the tx context with the current thread before invoking the NOT_SUPPORTED method.

My question is if the NOT_SUPPORTED method takes longer then the JDBC Connection Pool's "Connection Leak Timeout" will it get tripped or does this timeout not apply while a TX context is suspended?

I hope for the later but I suspect the former. Can anyone clarify. This is with Glassfish 3.1.2.2, Oracle JDBC non-XA DataSource pool.

Thanks,

-Noah