users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBCRealm package changed

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:44:34 -0500

The following text is going to show up in the GlassFish 4 upgrade guide
when it is released:

    Note:

    The main thrust of the GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0
    release is to provide an application server for developers to
    explore and begin exploiting the new and updated technologies in the
    Java EE 7 platform.Thus, the upgrade feature of GlassFish Server was
    not a focus of this release.The feature is included in the release,
    but it may not function properly with some of the new features added
    in support of the Java EE 7 platform.

Part of the focus for the commercial release of GlassFish will be to fix
these issues.
I've created the following issue for this specific one:

https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-20560

Thanks for pointing this out.
Tom