users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [FishCAT] GlassFish 4.0 on Equinox?

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 14:15:40 -0500

We've done some minimal testing with Equinox for 4.0. Here is what Scott
reports:

    I used org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2.v20130124-1349944.jar, which I put in
    <GF>/osgi/equinox.

    Then I just added the argument -DGlassFish_Platform=Equinox to the
    domain.

This was with a very minimal web application, but the test did run
successfully.

However, there is also the following issue:
https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18975
which reports that Equinox support is currently broken for the quick
look tests, which do more than the simple test that Scott ran.

Tom