users@glassfish.java.net

UpdateTool proxy server??

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:32:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I am currently reading the Oracle J2EE 6 Tutorial and trying to get
started with Glassfish. I installed Glassfish but am unable to launch the
updatetool. I am first prompted with, "The software needed for this command
(updatetool) is not installed." I click 'Y' to specify I would like to
download it and I get the message below. Could not download application
packages. This could be because: - a proxy server is needed to access the
internet. Please ensure that the system proxy server settings in your
Internet Options control panel (under Connections:LAN Settings) are correct,
or set the HTTP_PROXY environment variable to the full URL of the proxy
server. - the package server or network connection is slow. If you are
getting time out errors you can try setting the PKG_CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT
and PKG_CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT environment variables and try again. For example
to increase the timeouts to 300 seconds set them to 300 - the package server
is down or otherwise inaccessible or it is generating invalid data. Please
contact the provider of the package server. I checked under Connections:LAN
settings, and I do not have a proxy server setup. What do I need to set my
proxy server to? I have no idea on this. Please help! Thanks in advance...

--
[Message sent by forum member 'Yoshimitsu']