users@glassfish.java.net

Error enable-secure-admin when admin-realm configured to use LDAP

From: Boyle, Shawn R <shawn.r.boyle_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:34:04 +0000

We have configured our GlassFish 3.1.2.2 domain to change the admin-realm to use LDAP (ActiveDirectory). This works great - I can login to the Admin console using my LDAP account. We had created a domain Template that configured the admin-realm <auth-realm> to use LDAP (com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.ldap.LDAPRealm).

Now, we want to turn on Secure Admin; however, we get the following error when we run the following command:
asadmin --user <my username> enable-secure-admin

remote failure: Error enabling secure admin : org.jvnet.hk2.config.TransactionFailure: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
Command enable-secure-admin failed.

The server.log just logs a SEVERE message saying "Error enabled secure admin"

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,
Shawn