users@glassfish.java.net

Error enable-secure-admin when admin-realm configured to use LDAP

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:32:36 -0600 (CST)

We have configured our GlassFish 3.1.2.2 domain to change the admin-realm to
use LDAP (ActiveDirectory). This works great - I can login to the Admin
console using my LDAP account. We had created a domain Template that
configured the admin-realm to use LDAP
(com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.ldap.LDAPRealm). Now, we want to turn
on Secure Admin; however, we get the following error when we run the
following command: asadmin --user enable-secure-admin remote failure: Error
enabling secure admin : org.jvnet.hk2.config.TransactionFailure:
java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException Command
enable-secure-admin failed. The server.log just logs a SEVERE message saying
"Error enabled secure admin" Has anyone seen this issue? Thanks, Shawn

--
[Message sent by forum member 'javashawn']