users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Database (User) Connection per Http Session (User), how?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:00:48 -0600 (CST)

I would really like to know how you configured your JDBC connections and
implemented your datasources. We have similar requirements. We're using
threadlocals to get the username and password to the datasource and are using
a customer datasource, but haven't quite cracked the configuration to match
our needs. Ideally we would actually have a pool per user, even if each pool
was a pool of 1 connection. This would prevent opening and closing
connections with each request. Since we have a very AJAX + REST heavy design,
this is pretty important. Is there a way to swap out pooling implementations
in Glassfish?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'snekse']