users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS HA has issues

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:43:30 -0600 (CST)

>I started with a *conventional cluster with master broker*, but if you lose
the master broker (i.e. power it off), the rest of the instances on the other
servers accept messages, but they never reach the MDB (onMessage), What is
the jms-service type (EMBEDDED, LOCAL or REMOTE) used ? What is the version
of broker (shown at the beginning of the broker log when the broker starts
up) ? Could you please provide more information on your application - how the
messages are produced and from what component ? How did you know the other
servers accept messages ? What do the broker logs show ? If you run 'imqcmd
list bkr' and 'imqcmd list dst' on each broker, what are the outputs ? >If I
power off glassfish1 (cluster server) and leave glassfish2 up messages are
still not accepted. I'd expect a peer configuration to just work if you lose
a server. What do you mean by "messages are still not accepted" ? Did you use
'asadmin configure-jms-cluster' to configure the JMS service cluster ? What
is the JMS cluster type used ? Could you please provide sections of broker
log on its startup ? The following GlassFish and MQ documentations can be
helpful GlassFish "Administering the Java Message Service (JMS)"
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/abljw.html#scrolltoc
GlassFish "Configuring Java Message Service High Availability"
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/abdbk.html#scrolltoc MQ
"Broker Clusters"
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2443/aerdj.html#scrolltoc

--