users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish domain won't start

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 06:50:45 -0600 (CST)

I'm having exactly the same issue - I'm running Windows 8 Professional, too.
I tried logging in as Administrator and starting Glassfish, but I got the
same exact error message as noted in this issue (listen on port 4848:
permission denied). I've tried disabling my firewall and then trying to start
Glassfish - that didn't work either. Also, Windows 8 has a very helpful Task
Manager with a System Resource Monitor that shows you every Port in use.
Nothing is running on port 4848 (or 8080 or 8181). I also tried starting
Glashfish on a different port number - 4040. No luck. I'm using a Glassfish
install that was part of the NetBeans 7.2.1 bundle that includes
"everything". I took that same NetBeans+Glassfish install executable and used
it to install on a Windows XP Pro PC. It installed there just fine, and
Glassfish starts up without issues. So more and more it seems to me that
there's a problem with Glassfish trying to start up on Windows 8.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'stormculture']