users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java EE + Glassfish + Eclipse and Server

From: Peter Benedikovic <peter.benedikovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 11:57:23 +0100

Hi,

you can use Java EE Api jar to compile your application against it. This api is now available in maven repository, if you are using maven, add

<dependency>
        <groupId>javax</groupId>
        <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
        <version>6.0</version>
</dependency>

to your project, otherwise you can just download it from there. Using this library you won't be able to run your application since there are only interfaces and abstract classes there.
It is convenient to deploy and run your project using our Glassfish Eclipse plugin (available on update site http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse/juno) on a remote server but the plugin requires also local installation of glassfish since it offers some functionality depending on it. If you really do not want for some reason install gf locally then you can deploy your WAR or EAR using for example Glassfish REST interface running on remote server manually.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,
Peter Benedikovic