users@glassfish.java.net

Re: NetBeans: how-to make my server central and still use windows as where

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:09 +0100

Hi;

Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 19:38:19 schrieb forums_at_java.net:
> Do I have to have my NetBeans exe (800MB) on my server?

No. The whole NetBeans bundle you downloaded is likely to include Glassfish all
along with a bunch of other things. To have a running Glassfish instance on a
server, you might visit

http://glassfish.java.net/ ,

download and install the bits and get yourself acquainted to using it (there
are some video tutorials in the "Getting started" section, too). Then, all you
need to do is packaging your application in some way (.war, .ear, ...) and
deploy it to the server to have it run there.

Cheers and good luck,
Kristian