users@glassfish.java.net

Database authentication through Oracle wallet

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:45:47 -0600 (CST)

Hi, We a trying to implement approach where Oracle database credentials are
pulled from wallet and applied when establishing db connection. The same
approach works with WebLogic, so we expected this to work with GlassFish. We
tried the following configuration steps: 1. Added oracle.net.wallet_location
property to the connection pool. 2. Added -Doracle.net.tns_admin=... and
-Doracle.net.wallet_location=... to jvm properties (for admin server and
application instance). 3. Copied ojdbc6.jar, oraclepki.jar, osdt_cert.jar and
osdt_core.jar to DOMAINDIR/lib/ext. 4. Set jdbc connection string as
"jdbc:oracle:thin:/_at_MYSVC". This does not seem to work. In order to test this
we create connection pool and ping it. We tried different resource type
(driver, datasource) and different jdbc drivers, and it always fails with
different variations of the same error, like "invalid username/password". If
we add userName and password properties to connection pool everything starts
to work. But our goal is to keep them in the wallet. My question: has anyone
made wallet authentication work with jdbc connections under GlassFish server?
Could you please help by letting us know what configuration was performed in
order to make this work? Thank you.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'andyh80']