users@glassfish.java.net

ORB not listening on second server/instance in cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:19:03 -0600 (CST)

Using GlassFish 3.1.2.2 with 2 servers, 2 nodes, 2 instances and deployed
simple MDB to cluster. I can access on server1 and server2 via port 23700.
Shutdown server1 and try to access from server2 and get *NAM1007 : Problem
with membership change notification. Exception occurred :
java.lang.NullPointerException*. If I look at ports on server2 23700 is not
listening. I had to deploy an EAR with an MDB to get server1 listening on the
ORB ports. It appears that shutting down the master broker gracefully also
shuts down the ORB listeners of the other instances. What happens if you want
to do rolling maintenance?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sgjava']