users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Access the glassfish Thread pool

From: Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 14:34:43 +0300

  Well... You're not supposed to create threads.
  Although I am still using Quartz and ActiveMQ in my applications
(both have their own Thread pools).

  Maybe you should consider re-factoring into scheduled tasks (for
periodic jobs), and JMS for asynchronous processing.

  @Schedule:
  http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/bnboy.html

  @Asynchronous:
  http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/gkkqg.html