users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish 2.1.1 - Way to start application client via Java Web Start without

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:39:40 -0500 (CDT)

We use GlassFish 2.1.1 and our EAR contains an application client which can
be launched via Web Start. So our client app is running in the application
client container provided by GlassFish. When you launch the client GlassFish
does some stuff and invokes a method named prepareSecurity() from class
MainWithModuleSupport. In this method is code something like this ... /*
security init */ 401 SecurityManager secMgr = System.getSecurityManager();
402 if (!isJWS && secMgr != null && 403
!(J2EESecurityManager.class.equals(secMgr.getClass()))) { 404
J2EESecurityManager mgr = new J2EESecurityManager(); 405
System.setSecurityManager(mgr); 406 } 407 if (_logger.isLoggable(Level.INFO))
{ 408 if (secMgr != null) { 409 _logger.info("acc.secmgron"); 410 } else {
411 _logger.info("acc.secmgroff"); 412 } 413 } ... Line 409 results in an
output *"SecurityManager is ON"* logged to the Web Start console window. In
the GlassFish Server we have not turned on Security Manager, so I am
wondering why in line 401 a securityManager instance is found (I would expect
secMgr to be null). Is there a way to configure GlassFish so that no security
manager is set for the application client? We do not need it for the
particular client and we suffer from extreme performance problems when
security manager is on. Of course we can disable the security manager in the
main class of our client but until the main class is invoked by GlassFish
appClient container it already takes too much time where it seems from an
user perspective if nothing happens at all for some minutes! Any ideas?
squibber

--
[Message sent by forum member 'squibber']