users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish 2.1.1 - Application client jar is generated corruptly in clustered

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 06:09:30 -0500 (CDT)

We have an EAR about 25 MB in size. This EAR contains an application client,
two EJB projects and two Web projects. When the EAR is deployed in a
non-clustered environment (standalone) everything is fine: the application
client jar is generated correctly (size about 20MB). You can launch the
client via Java Web Start. However, when we deploy the EAR in a clustered
environment (consists of two nodes with one instance on each node) the
generated application client jar - which can be found under
GF_PATH/nodeagents/nodeagent1/instance1/generated/xml/j2ee-apps/EAR-folder..
- shows that the generated "EAR-name"Client.jar is always in a corrupted
state. You cannot even open the file with a zip tool etc. This file
corruption happens on both instances and is always reproducible. *If you
delete the corrupted file on both instances and restart the cluster, the
application client jar gets generated again and this time, the file is always
generated correctly.* I started to test this further by shutting down one
instance in the cluster to see if has something to do with the sync process
for each instance during deployment. But the problem remains, it does not
matter if on instance is down or not - the generated file is corrupt. Does
anyone else have this problem in a clustered environment? As I mentioned
above in a standalone app server we do not have this problem. Any help
appreciated. Thank you. squibber

--
[Message sent by forum member 'squibber']