users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish IIOP performance problem

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:30:26 -0500 (CDT)

I am experiencing some strange performance problem, probably related somehow
to IIOP/Corba. I am retrieving some objects from the server by some
standalone client, which does a lookup on the InitialContext. It retrieves
around 10k objects. I added time measuring in some AroundInvoke interceptor
(the outer-most I have) and it takes 10s on the server side. On the client
side it takes 18s to retrieve the data. Initially I was thinking it is just
too many objects, so for testing I serialized them into an object stream and
read them back of that object stream again. This takes just 2s, the size of
the serialized objects is 2MB. 10s for the server, 18s for the client and
just 2s for serialize/deserialize. There are 6s missing! Any ideas welcome!
Client and server are on the same machine in my setup, so there is no network
communication. I am using glassfish v3.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ztangm']