users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Date Bean Validation error when using Joda-time. ...

From: Vetle Roeim <vetle_at_roeim.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:29:58 +0200

I should have quoted the post I was replying to, but I forgot ...
Anyway, it's this one: http://forums.java.net/node/888356
In summary, validation fails when using @Past and @Future, with this
error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.joda.time.ReadableInstant

The good news is that after putting on my Sherlock Holmes attire and
investigating it for the better part of my working day, it seems that
there was reported a similar bug in JBoss AS 7:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1465 The bug is that Hibernate
Validator needs Joda Time, but it's not on its classpath. The solution
I opted for, was to repackage bean-validator.jar with joda-time. This
seems to work, but it's far from optimal.

Reported as a bug in GF here: http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-19009

Have a nice day! :)