users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using password alias from command line not working

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:53:27 -0500 (CDT)

I ran the command list-password-aliases , the alias showed. The problem is
not in the password alias. As mention the previous comment, if I go to the
web console and modify the value (registered by by asadmin cmd line)
"mypasswd" to "${ALIAS=mypasswd}", everything is OK. I can connect to the DB.
The issue is : Why is asadmin persisting the "password" property as
"mypasswd" when I have explicitly specified in my command line as
${ALIAS=mypasswd"} ? In summary: 1. I executed command line : sadmin
create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource --restype
javax.sql.XADataSource --property
portNumber=3306:password=${ALIAS=mypasswd}:user=root:serverName=localhost:databaseName=mydtabase
--ping MyPool 2. Pool created , ping fails. 3. Check web console : password
property is "mypasswd". The value is suppose to be "${ALIAS=mypasswd}" as
specified in the command line. (This is the problem) 4. Additional step to
show that Alias is OK :- Modified using web console the password property
from "mypasswd" to "${ALIAS=mypasswd}". Ping is OK.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'markof19']