users@glassfish.java.net

Monitor busy thread count - glassfish 3.0.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 04:12:57 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I'm trying to monitor the number of busy threads on our glassfish
instance. According to
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19798-01/821-1751/ablvc/index.html the statistics
should be available in server.thread-pool.thread-pool.statistic Doing the
following commands in asadmin gives > get server.thread-pool.*
server.thread-pools.thread-pool.http-thread-pool.classname=com.sun.grizzly.http.StatsThreadPool
server.thread-pools.thread-pool.http-thread-pool.idle-thread-timeout-seconds=900
.. so i should have a thread pool named "http-thread-pool" Then doing > get
server.thread-pool.http-thread-pool.*
com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote failure: Dotted name
path server.thread-pool.http-thread-pool.* not found. Command get failed. I
can't figure the right name to use. I have also enabled monitoring for thread
pool and http service in the admin ui of glassfish. Also it frustrates me
that all names mentioned in the docs does not seem to be available at my
server. What am I doing wrong and have I misunderstood something Best Regards
Niels

--
[Message sent by forum member 'boldt']