users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish IIOP performance problem

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:15:21 -0500 (CDT)

You can use/attach the java profiler that comes with netbeans. See also
jvisualvm. I also have a similar issue using IIOP to connect to a glassfish
jdbc datasource connection pool from a standalone client. The initial jndi
datasource lookup time is unreasonably long (about 8 seconds) even though the
client and glassfish are running on the same jvm. Is there any optimization
or alternatives/workarounds to use a connection pool on glassfish from a
standalone java application? Right now we are just setting the
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost and -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort flags and
then creating an doing a lookup via new InitialContext().lookup()

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bdrx']