users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Confused aboud create-jdbc-resource: can I use Java EE 6 JNDI namespaces?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:23:35 -0700

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Marina Vatkina
<marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> I'll leave the actual answer to our connector people, but did you try a
> @DataSourceDefinition with your app?

No; I'm aware that's an option, though. It is a little "stronger" than I
want, though: I don't want my *application* to actually define this data
source; I want its *environment* to do so.

It looks like I can do it via glassfish-resources.xml. I'm curious,
though: if I can do it there, and if I can slide it past
create-jdbc-resource by hand-editing domain.xml, how come I can't do it
using create-jdbc-resource directly? What's so bad about a colon? :-)

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson