users@glassfish.java.net

Re: using asadmin to stop domain running on a specific port number

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:44:58 -0500

The list-domains command will only identify domains in the domain
directory that it is operating on. By default, this is the
"glassfish/domains" directory in the install directory for the asadmin
command. However, there is a --domaindir option for list-domains that
allows specifying something else.

The process that you have running on port 4850 could be a GlassFish
server process from another domain that is in a non-default domains
directory, or it could be from a domain from another install of
GlassFish on the same host, or the process could be some completely
different process that happens to be using port 4850.

On Linux, you can use "netstat -tulpn" to find out what process is
listening on a port, i.e.:

$ netstat -tulpn | grep 4850

Tom