users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Issues with OpenMQ Embedded Mode

From: Jill Sato <jill.sato_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:43:11 -0700

Hi,

On 06/05/12 11:34, Harald Wellmann wrote:
> I'm having a number of issues running OpenMQ in embedded mode, i.e. using a
> com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.runtime.BrokerInstance:
>
> - The org.glassfish.mq:imq:4.5.2 Maven artifact does contain the ClientRuntime
> class required for bootstrapping a BrokerInstance, but it is missing the
> BrokerEventListener required by BrokerInstance.init().
>
> - The MQ Maven artifacts appear to be incomplete in general. The org.glassfish.mq
> group at least only has a small subset of the libraries contained in
> glassfish3/mq/lib in a full GlassFish 3.1.2 distribution.
I have filed JIRA Issue MQ-180 on this. We used to only post MQ client runtime
artifacts. We will also post
the MQ 4.5.2 broker and broker util artifacts for compilations. It will take about
24 hours for the artifacts to be synced to maven central.

http://java.net/jira/browse/MQ-180

> - Building a classpath manually (i.e. without Maven), using the imqbroker.jar from
> the GlassFish distribution, I was able to launch a BrokerInstance, but this only
> works when the -imqhome argument is pointing to the glassfish3/mq directory. It
> seems that OpenMQ requires a number of property files and does not have any
> defaults for them when running on an empty home directory.
I have filed JIRA Issue MQ-181 on this.
Yes, MQ currently has a set of default properties and configuration that is required
for the broker to start thus
you need to have an installation. If you have any more feedback to add on this
issue, please update

http://java.net/jira/browse/MQ-181

Thank you for your feedback.