users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Best mailing list to start a Java EE configuration discussion?

From: Bobby Bissett <bbissett_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 21:33:08 -0400

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Peter Penzov <peter.penzov_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> is this tool open-source? I would like to see it.

Same here! I don't think it was released ever as open source, as it
was part of a project uncompleted to ease migration of applications
from one app server to another (e.g. to automate transforming
vendor-specific descriptors as I recall). The source really belongs to
Oracle now, and I don't have it.

But the idea is straightforward, so maybe I can rewrite a different
version of it. It's pretty simple in theory. And there are ways it
could work without XSLT, which I'd prefer. :) No offense to XSLT
though!

Wondering where the Python plugin for NetBeans went,
Bobby