users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1.2 holds many file descriptors

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 03:13:17 -0600 (CST)

 I just unpacked and started a clean version of Glassfish 3.1.2.
I have done no configuration or any modifications what so ever.
Looking on the file descriptor usage on the O/S (SLES) I find the following:

#lsof -p 903 | wc -l 643
Getting into detail I find that there seems to be an awful lot of file
descriptors for the OSGI cache,
e.g.:
..//3.1.2/glassfish/domains/domain1/osgi-cache/felix/bundle81/version0.0/bundle.jar/
Counting them yields to 513 open files for just the cache, and I haven't even
started to do anything.

Is this proper behavior?
What are all the bundles that are in the domain? Glassfish internal bundles
or what?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'DMoniX']