users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenMQ And Connection factories

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:13:52 +0100

On 30/03/2012 10:01, Nigel Deakin wrote:
> On 30/03/2012 07:53, forums_at_java.net wrote:
>> Hey, I can easly configure my openmq queues and topics in the imqadmin. I can
>> do the same through an external tool like QBrowser. My question is related to
>> the Connection factories define through the GUI of glassfish. When i define a
>> queue or topic (with necessary pool and resource) i can not see my defined
>> queues there in imqadmin or in Qbrowser. Is there a way i can access my JMS
>> connection factories in the imqadmin tool and eventually in Qbrowser? Kr
>> Stefaan
>
> I don't know what Qbrowser is so it's difficult to comment.
>
> The connection factories you create using the GlassFish admin console need to be subsequently looked up using JNDI from
> GlassFish's JNDI store. Is Qbrowser a Java EE application is something completely separate? If it is separate then the
> JNDI settings it needs to use are documented in the GlassFish Application Developer Guide:
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2418/gkusn.html#gkuqa
>
> (Note that port 7676 is the port used by the connection factory to create connections. It is not the port used by the
> application to perform JNDI lookups of the connection factory).

I've just had a quick look at QBroser. From what I can see, it is not a JNDI browser, so you can't use it to access
connection factories created in GlassFish. You can use it to connect to the MQ broker (typically using port 7676) and
browse the queues and topics in the broker. Were you able to create a connection?

Nigel