users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1.2 and Centos 6 (RHEL6) Support

From: <modjklist_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:09:59 +0000 (UTC)

I'm getting errors updating from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2. I'm using CentOS 6.2 and installed the recommended packages in the previous post below then started the updatetool. Immediately the terminal reports the following error:

Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "localhost:10.0".

The GlassFish Update Tool GUI runs and I see an Application Image for GlassFish 3 with three options below it: (1) Available Add ons, (2) Available Updates, and (3) Installed Components.

When I click on the first two (Available Add-Ons and Available Updates), I get the following error:

Error: Unable to contact valid package server. Encountered the following error(s): Unable to contact any configured publishers. This is likely a network configuration problem.

The selected Software Source publisher is "stable.glassfish.org" located at http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/stable.

I recall when I originally installed GlassFish 3.1.1, I had de-selected the "Enable Update Tool", thinking that I want to manually control when the software updates rather than having it auto-update itself (not sure if this effects anything here).

Any idea what to try next? I have Firefox installed on the server and it can access websites fine.