users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot run program "keytool": java.io.IOException

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:47:35 -0600 (CST)

Hi,
I would like to follow the procedure to change the master password
of glassfish server hosting APEX listener
using the change-master-password subcommand, but the utility keytool
is not found:
/glassfish_at_ahost:/opt/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/mydom01/config>
/opt/glassfish3/bin/asadmin
/opt/glassfish3/bin/asadmin
Use "exit" to exit and "help" for online help.
asadmin> change-master-password mydom01
Enter the current master password> changeit
Enter the new master password> changedit
Enter the new master password again> changedit
Cannot run program "keytool": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or
directory
Command change-master-password failed.
asadmin>
Command multimode failed.
glassfish_at_ahost:/opt/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/mydom01/config> which java
/usr/bin/java
glassfish_at_ahost:/opt/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/mydom01/config>/
All of glassfish is running fine apart from this.
keytool could be found in /usr/java/latest/bin/keytool.
Do we need to have this in the path? There is no requirement in the
install guide for this, nor did the RPM installation adjust the system
path accordingly.
Hopefully someone can tell my how things ought to be regarding keytool?
Thanks, Tom

--
[Message sent by forum member 'snmdla']