users@glassfish.java.net

Problem deploying two applications

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 23:30:12 -0600 (CST)

 I have written two little hello world applications using Grails
(V2.0.0.RC1), and I want to deploy them using Glassfish (v3.0).  If I deploy
it either one of the applications all by itself on Glassfish the application
works just fine, and I can access it either as http://t1-0.1 or as
http://t2-0.1. If instead, however, I deploy one of the applications, and
then I try to deploy the other, then the second deployment command gives me
the following error message:

c:\>asadmin deploy t2-0.1.war

remote failure: Error occurred during deployment: Exception while loading the
ap

p : java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.c

atalina.LifecycleException:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExcept

ion: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManagerPostProcessor':
Initializa

tion of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanC

reationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot
res

olve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property
'sessionFact

ory'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExceptio

n: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference
to b

ean 'hibernateProperties' while setting bean property 'hibernateProperties';
nes

ted exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error

creating bean with name 'hibernateProperties': Cannot resolve reference to
bean

'dialectDetector' while setting bean property 'properties' with key
[hibernate.d

ialect]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExcep

tion: Error creating bean with name 'dialectDetector': Invocation of init
method

 failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessExce

ption: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is
org.apache.c

ommons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
(Databas

e may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions:
close

all other connection(s); use the server mode; SQL statement:

null/1349c415392c6dc06a3e7086cd1bb075c7881fc0650 [90020-147]). Please see
server

.log for more details.

What could this mean? Is it something peculiar about Grails, or am I making
some elementary mistake? Surely Glassfish will allow me to have different
applications that work together without having to establish multiple domains?
 But maybe I'm making a dumb assumption somewhere, since I must admit that
I'm a Glassfish newbie.  Does anybody have any recommendations for me?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Ben

--
[Message sent by forum member 'BenRAlexander']