users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish requires DISPLAY to install on Linux server and I only have command

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:06:05 -0600 (CST)

 Hi,

I am kind of new to Linux and I currently have to manage a dedicated server
running RHE 5, generally using a Webmin interface.

I installed Java JDK on the server and tried to install Glassfish
(Application server) using the command line by got the following error
message: 'This program requires DISPLAY environment variable to be set.
Please re-run after assigning an appropriate value to DISPLAY."

I don't have a display/GUI like KDE or Gnome to work with here, only the
command line and the Webmin web interface. How can I get Glassfish installed?

I have just unpacking the compressed installation file. Is this good enough
for an install?

How can I start the GlassFish server automatically?

Thanks..

--
[Message sent by forum member 'redhat19']