users@glassfish.java.net

Strange Problems with Glassfish 3.1 running an older application

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:49:19 -0600 (CST)

 I'm having a rather strange problem with my Glassfish 3.1 instance (Windows
Server 2008 R2, Apache Mod_JK). Let me start by saying that I'm not a Java
developer per se, and I don't have a lot of experience with these things.

The code for the app is being compiled by Netbeans with JDK 1.6, however some
of the base classes are located in a JAR that can't be recompiled, from 2005.
 Some the of base classes include things like specialized Iterators and
HashMaps.

The problem is that the iterators don't work property when the WAR is run
under Glassfish.  The app does work properly under JBoss and Tomcat,
however.  I think there must be a library that is included with Glassfish
that is incompatible with the old JAR file.

Where do I begin if I want to make this app work in Glassfish?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'synatree']