users@glassfish.java.net

JDBC Connection for Production / Integration

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:19:06 -0600 (CST)

Hi There,

i have a little problem with my application. I am using EJB, JSF and JPA for
accessing a mysql database. I have one DAS running, on which i want to deploy
the application for testing and one local instance for the "live-Version".
Both have their own database connections. The JDCB-Connection Pool name is
"normal" configured in the persistence.xml of the application. My idea was to
create two jdbc resource with the same name, one targeting the test- and one
targeting the live-server. But that seems to be impossible, because i got the
error, that the name of the JDBC Resource already exists.

In Short the Szenario:

JPA configured JDBC Resource: "jdbc/database" (for example)

DAS (Test-Server)  +  lokal Instance (Live-Server)

both Runtimes should use their own "version" of jdbc/database to connect to
different datasource.

How do i configure such a szenario, without keeping in mind on every deploy,
to change the jdbc ressource name?

 Thanks a lot

Dom

--