users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with remote connection to GlassFish 3.1.1 on ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:52:45 -0600 (CST)

I finally found the problem! The described behaviour is apparently caused by
a specific setting of the host name resolution in the "/etc/hosts"
configuration file on Linux: For some reason, my "/etc/hosts" configuration
file had the alias of the server host (on which my GlassFish 3.1.1 instance
is running) pointing to 127.0.0.1, e.g.:

127.0.0.1 localhost myservername
Although this setting did not cause any problems with the GlassFish version
2.1.1, I gave it a try and modified my "/etc/hosts" so that the server's very
own host name alias points to its actual IP address in the network:

127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.1.77 mygfservername
...and voila, the client was able to successfully connect to the server via
ORB. With other network configurations or with address resolution at hand, it
might also work when just removing the host name from the "etc/hosts"
configuration file completely, although I did not test it.

Thank you very much for all your help and suggestions and please excuse for
the inconvenience caused.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mastern']