users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installing GlassFish 3.1.1 on Windows 2003 64-bit - can't fi

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:23:09 -0600 (CST)

[quote=scatari]This is a current limitation(a bug) on this environment that
you need a JDK to install. Is there a limitation on installing a JDK on this
machine? Thanks On 1/9/12 5:49 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote: > Hi, > > I am
trying to install GlassFish 3.1.1 (the ogs version) on a Windows > 2003 >
64-bit server. > > I've installed JDK 1.6 build 30 on the machine, and added
JAVA_HOME > pointing > to c:\program files\java (also tried variants, such as
c:\program > files\java\jre6, etc.), and I also added the Java bin directory
to the > Windows path (so if I run "java -version" from command prompt, it >
finds Java > and runs it and displays the correct version). > > However, if I
run the ogs...exe, I get a popup saying that it requires > Java > 1.6 or
greater. > > I've also tried running: > > ogs...exe -j "c:\program
files\java\jre6" (and variants) > > but I get the same popup when I do that.
> > I just installed GlassFish earlier this weekend, but on a 32-bit >
Windows 2003 > system, and had no problem, so I'm kind of puzzled about this.
> > Is it because I have the 64-bit JDK/JRE installed? Maybe the > installer
is > looking for the Java version string, and the '64' part is throwing it >
off? > > I have a requirement to be running on Win2K3 64bit, so can anyone
tell > me how > to get this install working. I know that there's a ZIP
install, but I > also > need to be able to install using the installer. > >
Thanks, > > Jim > > > -- > > [Message sent by forum member 'jimcpl'] > > View
Post: http://forums.java.net/node/881783 > >[/quote]

Hi,

I'm sorry for being slow to respond.  When I looked after I posted, my
original msg wasn't there, so I thought it had not made it through.  In the
meantime, I was able to get the installer working (on WIn2K3 64-bit, with
Java/JDK 1.6 build 30 64-bit).

I had almost given up, then I almost accidentally got it working :).

What worked was to use the "-j" parameter, but pointing that to the base JDK
directory, i.e.:

ogs...exe -j "c:\program files (x86)\java\jdk1.6xxx"

And, to answer your question, yes, in this case, we're trying to replicate an
environment that includes WIn2K3 64-bit and Java 64-bit, so I had to get it
working.

Thanks,

Jim

--