users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1.2 and Liferay 6.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:18:33 -0600 (CST)

I've been able to install Liferay 6.1 on glassfish 3.1.1 without any issues.

However, the same can not be said for glassfish 3.1.2.

In theory, glassfish 3.1.2 includes the needed patches that the Liferay folks
have provided to be included in glassfish 3.1.2, but, here is what's
happening:

Liferay understands users, and can present either a 'guest' view or a 'known
user' view.

when in a 'known user' or 'authenticated user' situation, Liferay should
display along the top of the web browser a set of controls for editing the
content liferay shows.

however, when I deploy to glassfish 3.1.2 b16 (and earlier), instead of the
items I expect to see on the edit control bar, I instead see a continuously
rotating 'busy' indicator, and the edit controls never appear.

given the Liferay 6.1 code runs ok on 3.1.1, but exhibits this behavior on
3.1.2, I have to think that this is something going on in glassfish.

please check out the bundles that are available at www.liferay.com [1]
downloads.

regards,

peter

[1] http://www.liferay.com

--
[Message sent by forum member 'pbelbin']